Legacy of the Land
With a history as rich as its natural beauty, the territory forming the Pierson Lakes community is officially traced back to 1795 when Josiah Gilbert Pierson established an ancestral estate in the area. A prominent family in the development of Ramapo and its surroundings, the Piersons maintained ownership of the forested land for two hundred years.
Byron-Hill Homebuilders purchased the site from company predominantly owned by descendants of the Pierson family. Grasping hold of its legendary past, Byron-Hill utilized a “Continuous Architecture” plan for the Pierson Lakes estates. Accordingly, homes echo Colonial New England architecture through their separate wings, breezeways, and courtyards. Much attention is given to protecting and preserving the surrounding wildlife during and after construction.
Homes echo Colonial New England architecture through their separate wings, breezeways, and courtyards